Forgive my lack of posts. Trying to edit all of these photos in such a short amount of time really burnt me out. I promise to bring you a lengthy post with many photographs within a week. I have a couple things to say about this photo which I've organized into nice bullet points for your convenience:
- This is one of the reasons I haven't posted anything. I finished it the other day and if you look closely you can tell I didn't really finish it, but rather just called it a day.
- It is many many many photos and is a very very large file on my computer. Taking this many photos in almost a complete circle meant my camera was up to my face for rather a long time. This draws attention to you. After I finished, a man came up to me and asked me to take a picture for him, then asked me to teach him how to use his camera.
- If you want to download it to see it in its full glory, life sucks for you. You can't! You see, if I wanted to upload this at its full size, it would take approximately the rest of time.
- If you wanted to purchase it (hahahahaha!), I would actually finish editing out the lines which may not be apparent in this small version, but would definitely be apparent on a print on a wall.
- Napoleon's apartment is ludicrous.
Did I mention I have a Tumblr? Yes, yes I did, but I'm going to mention it again. Kyle Cameron Photography on Tumblr!
Why did I bring this up again? Because I'm about to bring up another person on Tumblr, inkyletters. I'm starting the first part of a collaborative project today with Inky Letters that will involve lettering, people, stories, photography, and video!
None of these are good enough to hold their own, so tonight you get three images!
I've been pretty inconsistent with my photos lately because I haven't been out to shoot much due to laziness, business, and etc. This is from the last time I was out doing something interesting which naturally resulted in me being escorted off the top floor of a hotel by security. The sad part is that none of my pictures from up there even turned out.
I don't know if I've advertised for it on here before, but I also have a Tumblr! Every image that is on this blog also ends up shared on Tumblr, so if that's your preferred method of partaking in social media, then follow my page on there and reblog my posts so more people can see them! You can click on the image below to be taken to the page and take a look around. I quite like the random button at the top, so you can have a fun look through some of my past posts.
Even more news, Squarespace, which my site is built and hosted on recently made a bunch of changes and updates and stuff, one of which was making the commerce option available to all users without having to pay an additional fee. What this means for me is a more convenient option for selling prints (you may have noticed I took down the old store page quite some time ago because it was pretty inconvenient for me to update), and so I might try doing a new thing where I add each image from my blog posts to the store. We'll see how that works out and how lazy I am. I aim to add all the stuff from old posts too. I mean, it isn't like anyone buys anything anyway but I might as well add the store back. Who knows, maybe one of my images will go viral or something. I mean, probably not, because people only really share funny things, but whatever.
So here it is. I guess I'll be adding this to the bottom of all of my posts from now on. I hope it doesn't offend anyone or anything. That said, I hate that I have to come up with a title for the images that I put in the store. I suck at coming up with real titles.
Okay, so I'm a little late. Everybody else did their best of lists a few days ago, but I didn't access to my computer at that point. I briefly skimmed through my photos from this past semester about an hour ago, hastily selected some shots, hastily edited them, and then exported them. To be honest, I was just feeling pretty lazy and I spent a couple hours editing some portraits earlier so I really didn't feel like paying attention to all of the details in these edits. Did I miss some good pictures in creating this list? Absolutely! Can I be bothered to do a second pass to find any good photos I missed? No way. Will I do better in creating my Spring 2014 list? We can only hope.
Dude. It's 2014. Whoa!
I think I jumped the gun with my last list. I think some of those pictures might have actually belonged on this list, but I can't do anything about that now. I mean, I totally could, but I'm not going to. I should note that some of these might not be the "best" photos, but they are my personal favorites.